Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Eileen Russell


"As a Chuckery resident of many years' standing, I am delighted to have been selected as Labour candidate for St. Matthew's Ward in the 6th May Council election. I would be privileged to become a ward councillor as I believe that the sole purpose of winning elected office should be to make a positive difference by helping all people, communities and the whole Borough to a better and fairer future.
I'm friendly, easily approachable, respect differences and treat people as I would like to be treated myself. I am committed to the traditional Labour values of caring, co-operation and decency. Unlike Mrs. Thatcher, I do believe in society and that we must all help each other. I'm honest and will work hard to get results”. Eileen Russell"
Local Issues: "I think that, apart from the Borough-wide question of how well we are served by this Conservative Council (see elsewhere in this leaflet), there are key local issues to tackle right across our diverse and spread-out ward, for example:
the rubbish-strewn appearance of Caldmore;
the many run-down buildings and binge-drinking "culture" of our town centre;
reining in the University's expansive ambitions in Gorway;
the failure to provide youth facilities in The Chuckery;
the disgraceful lack of effective Council action against the owners of the derelict Mellish Road Church;
across the ward generally, the need for effective action on road repairs, parking problems, waste, conservation and the patchy quality of GP surgeries.
I cannot promise to resolve all these issues, but you can have confidence that I am committed to doing whatever I can to improve these and whichever other matters need attention on our St. Matthew's 'patch.' "

pubished by electronic communication by Ian Robertson 128 Broadway North WS1 2QE on behalf of Eileen Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment